About The Group

My photo
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Committed to supporting the use of fibre as an art form, the blogs you visit here are links to happenings around Ontario and beyond. Use the links to your best advantage and make ART!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Alice Vander Vennen offers 2014 Workshops Series in Toronto and her Coburg Studio

 
I cannot tell you when I have been more inspired or taken on such as successful journey with design than when I spent a weekend with the skilled and student focused artist ALICE VANDER VENNEN at a recent Fibreworks Kingston Weekend Workshop. Alice is devoted to excellence in her art, and the beauty yet simplicity of the textile works combined with the found objects Alice uses so successfully in her compositions is inspired.
 
Below is a note from Alice about upcoming workshop opportunities for 2014. My advice is to seriously consider making time to be a participant in one of her workshops this year... I will.

Bethany Garner
Fibreworks Coordinator


An Invitation:

With Spring truly just around the corner, we can look forward to new life emerging. What better way to honour that emergence than to create! Seeking to capture that creative spirit, I am pleased to announce three textile art workshops that I have lined up for 2014. As you will see from the attached brochure, one of them is already scheduled for the end of March, in the Distillery District in Toronto. Two more are scheduled for the Fall. I encourage you to book early, as they have filled up quickly in the past.

Here is a brief summary:

"Assembling the Narrative": March 28-30, Toronto

"Assembling Textiles with Found Objects": October 3-4, Cobourg

"The Colour Story": October 31-Nov. 2, Toronto

See the attached brochure for details, and feel free to register here:
http://www.alicevandervennen.ca/prod/workshops.asp

Feel free to contact me with any questions!
Yours, Alice